Swansea Print Workshop is hosting this website as a virtual exhibition space for our members and associates initially as a response to the restrictions we are operating under at the moment and the ongoing uncertainties.
Members are invited to ‘curate’ an exhibition around an area of interest / a technique/ a theme/ a group you work with/a collaborative piece of work/ local interest etc.
It is hoped also that it will help to develop new skills in dealing with any of the technology that is necessary to promote and market work.
We can also feature the work of the many artists in residence and exchange schemes we have benefited from in the last twenty years.
Swansea Print Workshop endeavors to provide a wide variety of services and activities to members and non-members alike:
- Open access sessions enable members’ supervised workshop access.
- We provide a lively and interesting range of print related workshops and masterclasses through a regular workshop programme providing opportunities to learn new skills in a supportive environment.
- one to one tuition is also available and is useful if you want to refresh a process quickly.
- Our exhibition programme offers plenty of opportunities for members to show and sell their work
- Our art shop and on-line art sales gives access to a wide range of affordable art
- We hold ongoing life drawing sessions every week in the evening with a monthly daytime group on the last Wednesday of every month.
- Our outreach programme makes printmaking available to schools, colleges and community groups outside the workshop.
- Opportunities to volunteer enables individuals to gain valuable experience and training in all aspects of the workshop and the Creative Industries.
- Artists and speakers are regularly invited to talk to our members on a variety of subjects through our projects and exhibition programme.
Covid 19 | restrictions
We have been open in a limited way since early June. Members can book for open access sessions with restricted numbers in operation.
Keyholders can book sessions as sole users of the workshops to maintain social distancing
The extensive workshop programme we planned for this year has had to be abandoned and we will resume these when it is safe to do so.
One to one sessions are still available if you need some tuition in a process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you need.